ESL | English as a Second Language
English as a Second Language Course
Providence Church offers free English classes Wednesday nights in the multipurpose room of Providence Church | 430 Hannum Ave, West Chester, PA 19380
This involves 2 hours of teaching and conversation, snack, and prayer. Students are broken into small groups based on similar language skills for lessons and discussion.
Our Mission: To reach our surrounding community with the love of Jesus while building relationships through teaching English language skills.
Our Goal: Build relationships through classes that would lead to attending a Spanish speaker’s LifeGroup and the option of getting involved with our church.
We currently have 25 committed regular attendees and we could easily grow to 40 if we get enough help.
WE NEED YOU:
On Wednesday Evenings 6:30 to 8:30pm, in the multipurpose room:
- To help with set-up, tear-down, snacks, registration, and attendance.
- Both English-only speakers as well as bilingual English/Spanish speakers.
- Teachers and classroom aids, but no experience or education required. We supply training, curriculum, and mentoring.
- To supply snacks or coffee.
- An administrator to organize and track registration and attendance.
Other than Wednesday Evenings/ when it works for you:
- One-on-one conversation partners to meet in person or by video to provide conversation practice and develop relationships.
- Prayer partners.
- Financial donors to cover costs like classroom supplies, snacks and coffee, Bibles, and possible community project.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO GET INVOLVED:
Please contact Michelle Roussey at 717-576-3797 or
FOR STUDENT REGISTRATION QUESTIONS OR FOR COMMUNICATION IN SPANISH:
Please contact Susie Wittmann at 484.999.4944 or