As we gather again physically on Sundays here are some guidelines we are putting in place to protect against the unnecessary spread of the virus and also to remove any obstacle from someone coming and experiencing the love of Christ. The spiritual, physical, and mental health of our church community is a top priority, as we continue to lead people to grow in their faith, hope, and love for Jesus Christ. These are subject to be changed weekly based on the local impact and spread of the virus and impact in our church community.
The CDC has published helpful guidelines for faith-based communities and we are using them as a helpful resource in our planning.
Below are specific elements we are putting in place and these will be evaluated weekly:
We will have a 9AM and 11AM onsite service in order to spread out attendees.
We will be at approximately limited capacity in the sanctuary with rows spaced apart.
Starting September 27th, pre-registration will only be required for ProvKids.
Please wear a mask when you attend in-person services. All Prov staff and volunteers will be wearing masks during the services other than when speaking or singing from on stage.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to have their temperature checked and answer a COVID exposure question before serving that day. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be able to serve that day.
- All attendees will be asked to self-monitor before they attend each Sunday and stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Prov Communications Director (Sherry) will be the main contact for COVID-related communications if we would have a confirmed case in our facility.
Sanitization and Social Distancing
- Active sanitation before, during, and in between services will be implemented.
- We encourage other forms of greeting besides handshakes and hugs. This can include fist and elbow bumps.
- We will not pass a basket for offering but instead encourage people during an aspect of the service to give using their phone or drop off a check in a marked area.
- Ushers will help to strategically dismiss attendees to prevent lines from forming at doorways (will be based on attendance thresholds).
- We will have multiple hand sanitizer stations visible throughout the building.
- Coffee Service will be provided with adequate safety measures in place.