Livestream Director and Filmmaker
Reports To: Tech Director
Job Status: Part Time - 20 hrs/week
Director of weekly Sunday livestream and team, providing consistency and excellence as well as relational connections with team. [8 hrs per week]
Producer of monthly video projects, larger annual film projects, and videography/photography elements of the church. [12 hrs per week]
Primary Job Roles
- Oversee all video and livestream elements at Sunday gatherings, including directing, cameras, lighting, and online functions.
- Build and schedule Camera and Lighting Teams for Sunday Gatherings
- Produce video and film projects for ministry needs/events as needed
- Organize and lead a team of videographers/photographers that expand video production capabilities
- Continue working in the film industry outside of church
- Check in with scheduled volunteers the week before they’re serving, making sure team is full
- Direct/Operate 3 out of 4 Sundays per month [or 4 out of 5]. Sit in a gathering once a month
- Set Lighting Cues/Playlists for each Sunday gathering
- Edit and post the sermon and 1-2 songs from weekly gatherings by Monday of each week.
- Initiate one social gathering/project per month with Livestream/Lighting Team, helping them connect, create, and collaborate on things outside of Sundays.
- Train new volunteers on camera, directing, and lighting equipment/processes.
- Create ministry videos as needed, collaborating with Program, Media, and Creative Directors
- Create short/long films
- Attend staff events (Monthly meetings, seasonal retreats, etc…)
- Meet with Online Host Lead on bi-weekly basis.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Able to effectively recruit, train, and manage volunteers.
- Experience with video & lighting equipment.
- Compelling artistic vision & creativity.
- Ongoing spiritual growth and acceptance of Providence’s doctrinal summary.
- Understanding and support of Providence’s mission and vision.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills (Compassionate, Relational, Approachable, Honest).
- A vibrant and emotionally healthy lifestyle.