Next Gen High School Team Leader
Job Purpose: Providence Church in West Chester, PA is seeking a full-time staff person to be a part of the
Desired applicants will have a desire and history of serving and loving high school students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds as well as the ability to help students grow in their faith, hope, and love for Jesus. Applicants must be willing to raise half of their salary for up to 2 years and/or go from Part Time to Full Time over a period of up to 2 years.
All interested applicants should send their resume to
by Wednesday, July 18th, 2018.
Status: Full Time
Reports to: NextGen Director- High School
Effective Date: August 2018
As part of the NextGen High School team, the NextGen HS Staff associate will engage in discipleship, evangelism and connecting students 9th-12th grade with Providence Church. The HS Staff associate will work closely with the HS director to create a relational and caring environment for students and families
of Providence Church, the Westside Community Center and Young Life.
1. Work with the HS Director to create a strategy which will engage students with Providence Church.
2. Disciple and equip students to grow in their faith, hope and love for Jesus.
3. Attend Young Life Winter Weekend, Summer Camp and Campaigners.
4. Connect students from the neighborhood and Young Life with the body of Christ at Providence
5. Relationally connect with students from the surrounding neighborhood at the WCC After School
6. Regular contact work with students who attend Providence Church.
7. Consistently and actively disciple a few individual students.
8. Help to recruit volunteers for all HS programs.
9. Help to promote cultural diversity in programs.
10. Communicate with parents regarding events, calendar, and tools.
11. Help in creating a culture where HS students serve at Providence Church.
12. Work closely with Young Life leaders and WCC volunteers to reach all students in every way.
13. Attend NextGen meetings to help continue and develop Providence Church’s overall NextGen
14. Meet regularly with the HS Director to mold and develop overall HS ministry.
15. Attend Sunday morning services at Providence Church and connect with High School students.
16. Engage in other areas of student ministry as needed.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Clear testimony and ongoing spiritual growth.
2-5 years of High School Ministry preferred
- Proven ability to engage and build rapport with different ethnicities and kids
atdifferent socio-economic bands
- A call to reach and minister to High School students
- Organizational, planning and communication skills
- Full agreement with Providence’s Doctrinal Summary, Mission, and Vision.
- Fulfills Providence Leadership Covenant Criteria.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- A vibrant marriage or singleness and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
Desirable Gifts, Qualities, Skills:
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership & Shepherding & Teaching
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Passion for Christ and Liberating/Equipping The local church for Kingdom service
- Team Builder/Player
- Compassionate, Relational, Approachable
ProvKids Wednesday Small Group Leaders
Wednesday morning Women’s Bible Study needs small group leaders to serve children aged 6 months to 5 years of age.
We need several leaders from 9:15 am to 11:15 am.
This is a paid position for 16 and older. It’s perfect for homeschooled high schoolers, college kids or anyone not in Women’s Bible study who can spare 2 hours of time.