Next Gen High School Team Leader
Job Purpose: Providence Church in West Chester, PA is seeking a full-time staff person to be a part of the Next Gen team as the High School Team Leader. Providence Church ministers to 700+ adults and students every Sunday as well as many students and families during the week through the Westside Community Center and our partnership with Young Life. Providence is committed to reaching young people because they can serve God passionately, follow God faithfully, and change the world radically - Now! We equip them with grace and truth to shape future culture from the inside out. We desire for this to be done through the Providence Church’s mission and core values.
Desired applicants will have a desire and history of serving and loving high school students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds as well as the ability to help students grow in their faith, hope, and love for Jesus. Applicants must be willing to raise half of their salary for up to 2 years and/or go from Part Time to Full Time over a period of up to 2 years.
All interested applicants should send their resume to
by Wednesday, July 18th, 2018.
Status: Full Time
Reports to: NextGen Director- High School
Effective Date: August 2018
As part of the NextGen High School team, the NextGen HS Staff associate will engage in discipleship, evangelism and connecting students 9th-12th grade with Providence Church. The HS Staff associate will work closely with the HS director to create a relational and caring environment for students and families
of Providence Church, the Westside Community Center and Young Life.
1. Work with the HS Director to create a strategy which will engage students with Providence Church.
2. Disciple and equip students to grow in their faith, hope and love for Jesus.
3. Attend Young Life Winter Weekend, Summer Camp and Campaigners.
4. Connect students from the neighborhood and Young Life with the body of Christ at Providence
5. Relationally connect with students from the surrounding neighborhood at the WCC After School
6. Regular contact work with students who attend Providence Church.
7. Consistently and actively disciple a few individual students.
8. Help to recruit volunteers for all HS programs.
9. Help to promote cultural diversity in programs.
10. Communicate with parents regarding events, calendar, and tools.
11. Help in creating a culture where HS students serve at Providence Church.
12. Work closely with Young Life leaders and WCC volunteers to reach all students in every way.
13. Attend NextGen meetings to help continue and develop Providence Church’s overall NextGen
14. Meet regularly with the HS Director to mold and develop overall HS ministry.
15. Attend Sunday morning services at Providence Church and connect with High School students.
16. Engage in other areas of student ministry as needed.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Clear testimony and ongoing spiritual growth.
2-5 years of High School Ministry preferred
- Proven ability to engage and build rapport with different ethnicities and kids at different socio-economic bands
- A call to reach and minister to High School students
- Organizational, planning and communication skills
- Full agreement with Providence’s Doctrinal Summary, Mission, and Vision.
- Fulfills Providence Leadership Covenant Criteria.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- A vibrant marriage or singleness and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
Desirable Gifts, Qualities, Skills:
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership & Shepherding & Teaching
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Passion for Christ and Liberating/Equipping The local church for Kingdom service
- Team Builder/Player
- Compassionate, Relational, Approachable
Wednesday Morning ProvKids Coordinator Job Description
Job Status: Part time
To provide energetic leadership, clear direction and organization of the Wednesday Morning Ministry in accordance with the vision, mission and doctrine of ProvKids and Providence Church.
Primary Job Roles:
- Has working knowledge of all aspects of the Wednesday Morning program.
- Prepares curriculum.
- Reviews curriculum and provides a list of the month’s desired activities and material needs for Weds classes to the Weds Morning ProvKids Assistant Coordinator.
- Coordinates with Women’s Ministries in the areas of scheduling and volunteers.
- Schedules staff and prepares monthly calendar.
- Communicates staff needs to Women’s Ministry & ProvKids Leadership Team.
- Training, development, recruitment and encouragement of staff including student helpers.
- Encourages staff to mentor teen helpers.
- Communicates regularly through meetings, e-mails, and/or texts with all staff to keep them well informed of all information relating to Wednesday Morning Ministry.
- Provides Wednesday morning guidance and care for staff and prints out and gives all curriculum instructions to them.
- Understands and can execute Evacuation Policy, Medical Emergency Policy and Registration Policy.
- Adheres to Children & Youth Guidelines and works with ProvKids Admin to ensure all staff go through a mini orientation and have required clearances.
- Understands budget for ProvKids Wednesdays, uses tax exempt form and submits receipts and reimbursement requests to ProvKids Admin at the end of each month.
- Time Requirement includes:
- Wednesdays 8a-noon or until all is cleaned up, August-May with a winter break.
- Weekly prep and communication with Assistant Coordinator and staffand meetings with staff as requested by them.
- Monthly meetings with NextGen Early Childhood Director and Wednesday Morning ProvKids Assistant Coordinator August-May, and with ProvKids Leaders (4 times/year).
- A clear testimony and ongoing spiritual growth.
- Full agreement with Providence doctrinal statements, mission, and vision.
- Serves in area of passion at Providence.
DESIRABLE GIFTS, QUALITIES, SKILLS AND/OR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Shepherding, Administration, Encouragement.
- Team Builder/Team Player.
- Passion for the Lord, the local church and children.
- Compassionate, relational, approachable.
- Able to effectively manage staff.
Resumé's Due by 7/6/18.
Email Resumé to Susie at
Salary: $100 per week