How Hiring: NextGen Director of Early Childhood
Reports to: Provkids Ministry Director
Effective Date: June 2020
Hours: 25 hours per week
If interested, send resume to .
To support the family in leading early childhood children to grow in their faith, hope and love of Jesus. To provide energetic leadership, vision, and equipping to the staff and volunteers, and to provide organizational support to Provkids in accordance with the mission, vision, and core beliefs of Providence Church.
- Ministers to and leads children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Casts vision and sets annual goals for the ministry and works with leaders and volunteers to achieve the goals established.
- Plans and executes fun, energetic and effective Sunday Provkids programs that will engage infants - 5 yr. olds and help them to build relationships.
- Works to recruit and build leaders in children’s ministry and trains and assimilates new coordinators into their roles.
- Works with coordinators to develop teams of volunteers based on individual spiritual gift assessment, time commitments and passions.
- Oversees, equips and builds into Provkids volunteers for infants-5yr. old Sunday morning classes
- Adheres to and directs others to follow the Children’s & Youth Guidelines.
- Oversees Wednesday Provkids Coordinator for Women’s Bible Study.
- Works as a member of the Provkids Staff Team (with Ministry Director, Elem. Director and Admin Asst.) to develop relationships with families through ongoing communication and events.
- Works as a member of the NextGen team (with Provkids Ministry Director, Elem. Director and Middle/High School Director) to provide continuity in ministry for families with infants - high schoolers.
- Works with Assimilation staff member to help assimilate new families into Prov.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Education/Ministry degree preferred.
- Two to five years of children’s ministry leadership experience.
- A clear testimony and ongoing spiritual growth.
- Full agreement with Providence’s Doctrinal Summary, Mission, and Vision.
- Excellent communication, leadership and team building skills.
Desirable Skills, Gifts, and Qualities:
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Shepherding, Teaching, Administration
- Passion for Christ and Liberating/Equipping Children for Kingdom service
- Team Builder/Player
- Compassionate, Relational, Approachable
- Able to effectively Recruit, Train, and Manage Volunteer Staff
- Experience with Orange curriculum preferred
- Experience with Planning Center preferred
- Must be available Sunday mornings from 8 am-1 pm, Mondays for Provkids Staff Meeting, Wed. mornings for WBS, and Thurs. For Sunday prep/team work time. Other hours are flexible.