Now Hiring: Wednesday Morning ProvKids Small Group Leader
We are seeking several small group leaders for the Wednesday Morning ProvKids Ministry. Wednesday mornings in the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020, Provkids needs leaders to engage and foster faith in children aged 6 months through 5 years of age. ProvKids is committed to providing childcare with leaders who serve as role models and promote a spiritual identity in Christ. This position is an excellent opportunity for college students in education, family ministry, social work, psychology, and medicine. References can be provided at the end of the year.
- Wednesday mornings, 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- September 2019 through May 2020 (although even participating for 1 semester is needed)
- Breaks: follow West Chester University schedule (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Breaks)
- Location: While Providence Church is under construction - we will be creating a few classrooms within 4 homes in the West Chester area. Transportation can be provided upon request.
- Commitment required
- Compensation provided
- Anyone 16 years of age or older can apply
1. Engage children with activities +/- crafts.
2. Foster a safe and fun environment for the children in your group.
3. Be welcoming to parents as they leave their children in the room.
4. Document the children who are present on the provided forms and follow child release protocol.
5. Help facilitate snack time with children being aware of cleanliness, allergies, and dietary restrictions.
6. Clean up the rooms at the end of the day.
7. Follow the provided legal guidelines for working with children.
8. Once hired, obtain the appropriate screening and be approved to work with children.
Desirable Gifts, Qualities, Skills:
1. Compassionate, relational and approachable
2. Prompt, responsible and reliable
3. Faith, hope and love in Jesus Christ is desirable, but not required for this position
4. Team builder/ player
5. Respectable/ professional clothing and language is required
6. Experience with preschool-aged children is desired, but not required for this position.
All interested individuals should reach out to Susie Wittmann at by August 30th.