Life Group Sermon Guide
Week of Jan 11, 2021
1. Doing Life
As a church family, we care about each other’s lives: what we’re celebrating, what we’re mourning, what decisions we are praying through, and everything in between (1 Thessalonians 2:8, Romans 12:10, 15). Suggested time: 10-20 minutes
- How are you doing?
- What can you thank God for this week?
- When were you most aware of Jesus’ presence this week? When were you least aware of Jesus’ presence this week?
- Do you have any practical needs?
2. Jesus Centered
God uses His Word to reveal Himself to us, equip us to live the good life He’s designed for us, show us our sin, and strengthen us as we follow Him (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Colossians 1:9-12, and James 1:22-25). Suggested Time: 20-40 minutes
Primary Passages: Acts 1:6-11; Galatians 5:22-26
- Where do you tend to saturate your life (your heart, your mind)? (Ex: News, politics, social media, etc )
- How have you seen social media, the news, and/or politics divide people?
- What are ways that you can center yourself daily and take time to be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- As you are yielding to His Spirit, what fruits do you look most forward to being more evident in your life?
- How could you be boxing God in to fit your agenda, your expectations and your timeline?
- What can you do throughout your day to put God on the throne and keep Him there?
3. Engaging the Heart
Jesus calls us to walk in the light, confessing our sins to God and each other. God’s Spirit works through confession and community to lead us to repentance. (Romans 3:23-24, James 5:16 and 1 John 1:5-10) Suggested Time: 10-20 minutes
- How are you doing abiding with Jesus this week in Scripture and prayer?
- What sin do you need to confess to God? What are you struggling to trust Jesus with this week? How can you give Him control of it? (As people confess sin, make sure to remind one another of the good news Jesus offers.)
4. Expanding the Kingdom
Just like God the Father sent Jesus on a mission of reconciliation for us, Jesus sends us out as ambassadors of His reconciliation. We are called to make disciples wherever we go. (John 20:21 and 2 Corinthians 5:18-20) Suggested time: 10-20 minutes
- People: Who in your life can you be building with right now? What does that look like during this season?
- Plan: Are there any rhythms planned (virtual or in-person) that we can invite these friends into? What spiritual conversations do you want to initiate with them soon?
Pray: Let’s pray for our people by name; pray for their needs, opportunities to connect, and opportunities to have spiritual conversations that help them take next steps toward Jesus.