ONE JOY | Intro to Philippians | Phil Carnuccio
Series: ONE JOY
- Doing Life
As a church family, we care about each other’s lives: what we’re celebrating, what we’re mourning, what decisions we are praying through, and everything in between
(1 Thessalonians 2:8, Romans 12:10, 15). Suggested time: 10-20 minutes
- How are you doing?
- What can you thank God for this week?
- When were you most aware of Jesus’ presence this week? When were you least aware of Jesus’ presence this week?
- Do you have any practical needs?
- Jesus Centered
God uses His Word to reveal Himself to us, equip us to live the good life He’s designed for us, show us our sin, and strengthen us as we follow Him (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Colossians 1:9-12, and James 1:22-25). Suggested Time: 20-40 minutes
Primary Passage: PHILIPPIANS 1:1-18
- When God says “NO”, can we have joy?
- Do you have a time that God’s NO turned into a GO somewhere else?
- What fruit came out of trusting Him in that situation?
- Discuss barriers to that joy in your current season.
- Take some time to pray with each other to be filled with joy and be specific.
- Engaging the Heart
Jesus calls us to walk in the light, confessing our sins to God and each other. God’s Spirit works through confession and community to lead us to repentance. (Romans 3:23-24, James 5:16 and 1 John 1:5-10) Suggested Time: 10-20 minutes
- How are you doing abiding with Jesus this week in Scripture and prayer?
- What sin do you need to confess to God? What are you struggling to trust Jesus with this week? How can you give Him control of it? (As people confess sin, make sure to remind one another of the good news Jesus offers.)
- Expanding the Kingdom
Just like God the Father sent Jesus on a mission of reconciliation for us, Jesus sends us out as ambassadors of His reconciliation. We are called to make disciples wherever we go. (John 20:21 and 2 Corinthians 5:18-20) Suggested time: 10-20 minutes
- People: Who in your life can you be building with right now? What does that look like during this season?
- Plan: Are there any rhythms planned (virtual or in-person) that we can invite these friends into? What spiritual conversations do you want to initiate with them soon?
- Pray: Let’s pray for our people by name; pray for their needs, opportunities to connect, and opportunities to have spiritual conversations that help them take next steps toward Jesus.
Speaker: Phil Carnuccio
October 9, 2022
Philippians 1:1-3'>Philippians 1:1-3
Life Group Discussion Guides
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.